Author Topic: Levis is doubling down  (Read 441 times)

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
Levis is doubling down
« on: March 09, 2019, 04:40:28 PM »

Levi's Jeans Now Paying Employees To Volunteer For Gun Control Organizations
I quit wearing Levi's long ago, not sure I want to burn the ones I still have or cut them up and line beds for feral cats with them but I ain't wearing them now.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/levi-strauss-end-gun-violence/

Levi Strauss CEO Goes Full Anti-Gun, Paying Employees to ‘Volunteer’ for Gun-Control Organizations
by Jordan Michaels on September 4, 2018.

In the best attempt to date to unseat Edward Stack as the nation’s Virtue Signaler in Chief, Levi Strauss’s CEO Chip Bergh bravely announced this week his company’s support of “youth activists” working to end the “gun violence epidemic” in America and encouraged other “business leaders” to do the same.

“As business leaders with power in the public and political arenas, we simply cannot stand by silently when it comes to the issues that threaten the very fabric of the communities where we live and work,” he said in a recent op-ed published by Fortune. “While taking a stand can be unpopular with some, doing nothing is no longer an option.”

Naming his brand among the “pioneers of the American West” and the “great symbols of American freedom,” Bergh outlines three ways he’s hoping to restrict the constitutional rights of his fellow Americans.

First, he plans to establish the Safer Tomorrow Fund, which will dole out $1 million in “philanthropic grants” to “nonprofits and youth activists who are working to end gun violence in America.”

Next, Bergh and his company will join Everytown for Gun Safety’s new Business Leaders for Gun Safety coalition. Roughly paraphrasing Everytown’s website, this group is working to join banks and other businesses doing their darndest to bankrupt gun companies and marginalize gun owners.

Finally, Bergh hopes to incentivize his employees to join him in his righteous crusade. Levi Strauss will double its usual employee donation match to anti-gun organizations and pay employees for sixty working hours per year (5 hours per month) to volunteer for the same organizations.

“We’re encouraging our employees to use their time to make an impact,” he said.

Bergh assures his readers he doesn’t want to repeal the Second Amendment or suggest that gun owners aren’t responsible. He’s a former Army officer, after all, and he took an oath to support and defend the Constitution.

Those constitutional rights don’t apply to everyone, of course. Bergh quotes retired four-star general Michael Hayden, who said in a promotional piece for the Giffords Center that “some people… should never have access to any weapons.”

In a dramatic conclusion, Bergh explains that Levi Strauss has “never been afraid to take an unpopular stand to support a greater good,” highlighting his company’s support for integration before the Civil Rights Act and for same-sex couples all the way back in the 1990s.

“While each one of these stands may have been controversial at the time, history proved the company right in the long run,” he says, courageously. “And I’m convinced that while some will disagree with our stand to end gun violence, history will prove this position right too.”

Levi Strauss may have been at the forefront of the Civil Rights movement, but they’re hardly the first company to take a stand against Guns: The Great American Evil. Following the Parkland massacre, a variety of companies, including Walmart, Bank of America, Shopify, and ****’s Sporting Goods, announced policies designed to curb the Second Amendment rights of their customers and business partners.
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: Levis is doubling down
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 08:37:35 PM »
    Yup, they're going full retard, let's see how long it takes for them to file bankruptcy.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 09:52:49 PM »
Levis must be nuts. Don't they realize that most of the people who wear their jeans also own guns? Retailers who join in political debates are idiots. When they choose sides they dump half their customers. They would be wiser to just keep their mouth shut and keep all their customers. They're just shooting themselves in the head. :suicide:

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 05:15:49 AM »
Levis must be nuts. Don't they realize that most of the people who wear their jeans also own guns? Retailers who join in political debates are idiots. When they choose sides they dump half their customers. They would be wiser to just keep their mouth shut and keep all their customers. They're just shooting themselves in the head. :suicide:

These leftist CEOs really dont care about business anymore.. they just want to abuse their position to advance the cause.. a cause they believe is more important than taking care of the business they are entrusted with.
Every day, men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 06:32:27 AM »

These leftist CEOs really dont care about business anymore.. they just want to abuse their position to advance the cause.. a cause they believe is more important than taking care of the business they are entrusted with.

Activist CEOs are going to be a big problem moving forward.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 12:39:00 PM »
Many moons ago I worked for The Gap. At that time they were not like today, Metro-sexual/metropolitan. They only carrid name brand clothing like Wrangler, Levi, Columbia, etc. Around 1984 they realized that they could make better margin by making their own jeans and tops in China. Over a period of 18-months they went from only selling name brands to The Gap brand.

Most Americans didn't care they dropped Levi's especially their 501's but folks from other countries screamed bloody murder. The Gap's business in jeans plummeted as Asian, European, and South Americans went elsewhere for their American Jean fix - American citizens preferred the equal quality and lower prices on The Gap jeans.

Because The Gap, Levi's largest customer stopped buying them started to sell their jeans in the aforementioned markets around the globe.

Anyway, the reason why I am sharing this history is to point out that Levi's has stopped being an American brand as most of their revenue comes from overseas now; Consequently, they may loose a little revenue but not enough to really hurt them. Same issue as over at Dick's and their sister division Field & Stream.

For years now, I buy and wear Carhartt jeans, coats, shirts, etc. 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 10:34:43 PM »
Overpriced anyways. I stopped buying them when they stopped all domestic production and moved it to Mexico.

I get Wranglers for under $20 at Target when I want jeans.
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 10:39:46 PM »

For years now, I buy and wear Carhartt jeans, coats, shirts, etc.

I'm noticing liberal yuppies in Pasadena rockin' Carhartt. It's the newest fad since that is where all the Alphas have shifted.  Carhartt will be infiltrated and hijacked, mark my words.  :tinfoil:
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 09:07:16 AM »
Everyone here has given up on the Levis.  Anyone sent a letter to corporate advising them of the lost customer?  Mentioned to friends and fellow shooters to not buy their stuff and sent the letter.

Yes an email gets to customer service where it is duly noted and filed.  A letter will receive similar attention plus much more.  Taking the time to write it, fold, envelope, and cost to mail carries infinitely more.  Same thing with an email or phone call to a legislator

The lines in there where you advise you will not purchase, discourage your friends and family and anyone else you discuss the matter with from purchasing that brand carries a crapton more weight.

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.