Author Topic: interesting interview about the last 10 years  (Read 1070 times)

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
interesting interview about the last 10 years
« on: September 11, 2011, 01:56:14 PM »

Colin Powell's chief of staff talks about the last 10 years of war. VERY interesting to hear this guy talk about it.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

southern patriot

Re: interesting interview about the last 10 years
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »
Great interveiw!
At the end,if i'm not mistaken,he pretty much called mr. Obama a tyrrant.
It's not hard when you open your eye's to see why we went in Iraq. Haliburton has that oil on lockdown.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 05:31:29 PM »
I've got mixed feelings about what he had to say in that video on Russian Propaganda Television.

Either way I suspect it will be played and studied by our friends and enemies alike.  Our allies are going to be concerned and consider following Pakistan's lead.   While our adversaries are going to be licking their lips with glee.

America, we've got a problem.  Unfortunately, one we caused ourselves.  Our Government can't seem to do anything very well.  Except cover stuff up.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 05:46:55 PM »
I've got mixed feelings about what he had to say in that video on Russian Propaganda Television.

Either way I suspect it will be played and studied by our friends and enemies alike.  Our allies are going to be concerned and consider following Pakistan's lead.   While our adversaries are going to be licking their lips with glee.

America, we've got a problem.  Unfortunately, one we caused ourselves.  Our Government can't seem to do anything very well.  Except cover stuff up.

i doubt the guy was willingly trying to help Russian propaganda, however I know what you're saying about RT.
i think the point (for me at least) is that we've been constantly meddling in the middle east since 1953 and we wonder why those people hate us. you ever read "One Second After"? there's some talk in that book about religious zealots that exploit the post-EMP situation to rowl-up people into believe their crazy-talk... the end is near... judgment day... etc... and form cults. it may be a crazy analogy but bare with me... I really doubt that so many people over there would be so easily indoctrinated by radical islam if their moms and dads and brothers and sisters hadn't just gotten blown the fuck up by predator drones... know what I mean? it gives a huge incentive to join the ranks of radical islamic terror groups.

so all in all, I understand what you're saying about RT and what this guy is saying, but honestly, in many cases RT tells the truths that our own co-opted media won't even touch.

you say our enemies may follow Pakistan's lead... maybe so, but why are they our enemies in the first place? why is there no rhetoric from islamists about destroying Switzerland... because countries like that are neutral. they stay out of meaningless conflicts and worry about their own people.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:49:12 PM by NOLA556 »
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Ghost

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 05:59:42 PM »
Heh, Nola you edited your post to remove Canada before I could say we're in Afghanistan, and this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Ontario_terrorism_plot
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:03:20 PM by Ghost »

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
I agree with much of what you are saying.  I have a friend in Japan who told me once, "America is not as good as they like to think they are, and America is not as bad as many other countries like to say it is."  He said, " If America had never existed the world would be a different place today and it would be a much worse place."

Edit: When he came over last year I took him to the gun range.  It was the first time in his life he had ever touched a gun.  He said it is just like in the movies.  lol

I almost forgot.  He took his target home and framed it.  He put it up on his wall and says it is the topic of much discussion when he has visitors.   
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:14:51 PM by sledge »

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco