Author Topic: Importance on PCC'S PCI'S  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Importance on PCC'S PCI'S
« on: January 31, 2012, 06:17:18 PM »
"Listen up gents."
   [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Alright, I want to start off this thread by saying that if I see any of you in the afterlife because you didn't do PCC's/PCI's I will put my foot so far up your ass you'll be sucking Reaver toes for eternity. I care about you ladies to much to lose you to stupidity. Even if I wont actually know if your alive or dead after the fall.

PCC'S ( Pre Combat Checks )  A check on your self.
PCI's ( Pre Combat Inspections ) The same check your battle buddy does on you.
Rinse & Repeat on each other.

The importance of this is un measurable. I don't really go around telling people what they " Need " to do. I may offer suggestions from time to time but this.
YOU NEED TO DO

Draw up a list that you WILL go down and check every single day/outing.
Mine goes something like this.
1. Brain Check
2. Eye Pro Check
3. Magazine's Check
4. Bullets in Magazine's Check
5. Firearms Check
6. Knife Check
7. Water Check
8. Gloves Check
9. ( AOC ) Action on Contact Briefing Check ( I'll go into that a little later )
10. Extra. Equipment for patrol Check
11. Locked & Cocked Ready to rock? Check

You need to go through this list before every single outing. You do your self ( Pre combat check ) Then you have your buddy do the same list on you ( Pre combat inspection ) then you reverse the roles and do it to him/her.

Lack of PCC's PCI's Has ( ask some military guys ) gotten some amount of people killed. The reason being is Complacency if you get so used to doing a patrol, then that one time you don't check your shit. For some reason something is going to be wrong and its going to get you killed.

Let me ask you something.
How many times have you jokers left the house without your wallet/purse, or completely forgot your cellphone?
Do that when in it matters and you could end up dead.

So, I urge you. Go through every single detail in your kit & write it down. Form your self a checklist and store it nice and tight with your kit. Then Prior to every outing go through this checklist.
It may save your life.

( AOC ) Actions on Contact. A plan prediscussed within your team on what your Actions your going to take if you run into Contact
Meaning.
Me; Hey Thatguy we only got 500 rounds of 5.56 I think that if we run into trouble we break contact. and if we get sepperated  link up at rally point X-Ray
Thatguy; Roger that I agree Rally point X-Ray

You guys seeing the big picture?

'Merica  [url=http://www.freesmileys.or
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:27:11 PM by Reaver »
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
Re: Importance on PCC'S PCI'S
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 06:20:13 PM »
Sweet post bro!
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 06:34:29 PM »
oh ok
thats a great write up bro

actually i do this right before i walk out the door everytime i go outside

i do a quick pat down and check off my shit to make sure i got everything
it has saved my ass from being locked out or forgetting my wallet many a time
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »
I love it RvR!

Making sure you got all your edc shit should be subconscious by now but expanding that to full retarded levels is an epic challenge. Step up to the plate gents.

Offline Skippy00004

• Committed prepper
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 12:47:56 AM »
 [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain...

"I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence." --Mahatma Ghandi

Crow

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »
BUMP.

This should actually be stickied.

It really is important and not to mention its a good one to apply to everything really not just WROL/SHTF. If you wait til then to start complacency will likely get you killed or your battle buddy. I know I'm just reiterating whats already been said but it's not redundancy it's muscle memory! lol

With the complete lack of supplies I have. The main thing I do get to do to prep is train to work with what I dont have. and failing to remember any of my equipment or what little bit of supplies I DO Have could possibly prove fatal for myself or more importantly, my family.

Offline mountainredneck2051

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 06:51:18 PM »
This should actually be stickied.

done  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Bursting bubbles since 2013

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 06:57:56 PM »
Awww.. I'm honored.  :))

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 03:31:26 PM »
I hope you guys have actually taken my advice.... Remember to add or take away any new gear as well.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
  • Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 04:03:05 PM »
Glad you revived this thread, Rvr, I missed it the first time around (obviously, since I locked my keys in the house a few months ago :facepalm:).  This is important stuff, Rvr, and well written at that  :thumbsUp: 

It would be cool if folks dusted off the vault of older threads and revived ones that they feel carry points that should be emphasized and reemphasized, like Rvr has done.  Just a thought, but I'm sure there are a lot of great threads buried under the duff...
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

You have freedom when you're easy in your harness.
Robert Frost

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 04:25:20 PM »
Glad you revived this thread, Rvr, I missed it the first time around (obviously, since I locked my keys in the house a few months ago :facepalm:).  This is important stuff, Rvr, and well written at that  :thumbsUp: 

It would be cool if folks dusted off the vault of older threads and revived ones that they feel carry points that should be emphasized and reemphasized, like Rvr has done.  Just a thought, but I'm sure there are a lot of great threads buried under the duff...

I was forced to ride with no gloves last night. Then when I got to work I didn't have my chargers to keep my radio up. It angered me. Then as I was browsing I seen my pccs thread figured I would hit it again. It happens ya know. Tis why you need the list.

Ghost

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 04:28:04 PM »
How'd I miss this thread?!

Excellent stuff RvR :bravo: