Author Topic: How to not get screwed when buying 999 fine Silver.  (Read 127 times)

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
How to not get screwed when buying 999 fine Silver.
« on: May 17, 2023, 12:08:31 PM »
How to not get screwed when buying Silver can be tricky unless you have a $3000 test machine. First: Weigh an ounce of Silver on a regular scale and it should weigh 1.097 regular ounces. OK, let's call it 1.1 ounce and leave a very small +- tolerance. If it doesn't weigh at least 1.05 and less than 1.2, then watch out. Let a small neodymium slide down the coin while its held at about a 60 degree angle and see if it slides fast or slow. If it doesn't slide slow then its not Silver. Be careful because Silver Plated Copper will slide a bit slow also but not as slow as Silver. Next and best of all is thge PING test. If you strike the edge of the .999 fine coin with a small stick, like a wooden pencil or wooden dowel, (don't use a metal striker) Silver will produce a particular tone frequency. Hmmm, how do I do that. Well you do a search for an app that will do the listening for you. I have a FREE app on my phone that is labeled "Precious Coin Tester". You pick your coin out of a list and tell the app which coin it is and then you tap the rim of the coin and it tells you if the frequency is correct for that coin. You are going to need something to hold the coin when you ping it. Just make something out of whatever is laying around. Its going to have to hold the coin dead center on the top and bottom so the edges can vibrate. Be careful because more and more Fake Silver is showing up on the market.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
Re: How to not get screwed when buying 999 fine Silver.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 12:15:30 PM »
That's interesting. Good tip, thanks!

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 01:03:08 PM »
 :chuky: OOPS.... I have two apps. The best one is "Pingcoin" because its waaaayyy easier to use and you can rest the coin on your finger when you strike it. The other app works but it is confusing to use. Do a Google search for Free Pingcoin App.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 01:04:54 PM by pkveazey »

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 02:43:31 PM »
Great stuff. Thx PKv
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.