Author Topic: Guns don't kill people. Eagles do.  (Read 913 times)

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Guns don't kill people. Eagles do.
« on: December 20, 2012, 07:17:16 AM »
Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

[img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Ever heard the term. " Eyes are bigger than your stomach " Holy fucking shit dude.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
Re: Guns don't kill people. Eagles do.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 08:34:52 AM »
To bad its a hoax
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 09:32:29 AM »

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
  • Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 10:48:50 AM »

Dammit!  This golden eagle I bought doesn't work right either, stupid eagle...

Hoax or not, the wing span on that bird is fucking awesome!!!
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

You have freedom when you're easy in your harness.
Robert Frost

Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 02:08:57 PM »
Hoax or not, it can happen. There are videos of eagles dragging goats off a cliff and dropping them to their deaths. Eagles are winged bad asses.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 02:11:16 PM »
I propose we ban eagles.
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »
My daughter thought it might not be a hoax because the shadows match up. I don't know. I have seen the videos of those eagles flying off with goats though.

Update: wife says it was on national news. It's a hoax, 3 kids made it. It's their third of this type video. First one was a car wreck, but people said the shadows didn't match up, but this time, they painstakingly took care of the shadow problem.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 03:48:51 PM by hjmoosejaw »

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 08:29:23 PM »
Just another one of my ramblings, feel free to ignore it.  The videos are cool though, definitely check them out.

I noticed some mountain lion tracks in the snow next to where I was working the other day.  I know I'm out in the woods with rattlesnakes, bears, and mountain lions when I work in the field, but it had been a few years since I had seen mtn lion tracks at work and never in that location.  Let's just say I was aware of my surroundings all day and I held my girlfriend close, which got me to thinking about how we evolved from bone-marrow sucking scavengers/prey, to the top predator and only animal to exceed it's natural carrying capacity, i.e. population control. 

More than that, how well would our progression of weapons technology work in reverse to regain our killing/survival proficiency against wild beasts if we didn't have guns or factory produced weapons like bows widely available.  It's easy to make a bow, but one that works well against critters with tough hides, I'm not sure, and there aren't a lot of folks that can work metal without heavy machinery for swords, knives, etc... 

I'm thinking that certain animals would shift toward a mostly human diet if we stopped carrying guns, at least until we became proficient with spears again.  We can't run very fast, we're relatively hairless compared to other species, especially our olympic swimmers (less after-dinner hairballs to cough up), and our babies are large cat/small dog size with a different kind of fat than adults have (brown baby fat) makes them more desirable than rabbits for sure.  I don't know how predators would fair against all of the toxins in us though, if I became some poor animals supper it'd be on a magic carpet ride for days!  ;D

Back to eagles attacking children.  This video is not a hoax, and it looks to me like the size of the kid attacked was the only reason the bird didn't pick him up and crack his soft shell on a rock...

Golden Eagle Attacks A Boy

This video has nothing to do eagles, but this is a favorite clip of mine from an awesome BBC series called "Life in the Undergrowth", documenting some of the most remarkable animals on the planet.  The cinematography is phenomenal and yes, I'm a nerd...

Giant Bat-Eating Centipede
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 08:44:05 PM by thatGirl »
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Robert Frost

John Wayne

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 09:48:42 PM »
These eagles are smart. They know how to tenderize the meat.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 10:05:40 PM »
I just saw those vids, HJ's first then thatGirl's....

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 10:08:28 PM »
OK Special K or 505th...WE have to fix the bloody transfer of You Tube vids to this forum. Is it just me or can't anybody else not see them????

I keep getting some freaken msg to down load a flash player! And the flash player is for a Apple product!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:10:39 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 10:13:40 PM »
A bit too offensive? I wondered.

Offline thatGirl

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 10:46:15 PM »
I propose we ban eagles.

I agree, if I hear "Hotel California" one more time... 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:52:21 AM by thatGuy »
Winston Churchill

Robert Frost

John Wayne

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 10:52:39 AM »
The OP video is indeed a hoax. It is a project by a canadian school. They do one every year.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Grudgie

• Committed prepper
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 12:07:06 PM »
Now why can't Hollywood do special effects like this instead of fake looking computer animations?