Author Topic: Coca-Cola Demands Action On Law Firm Diversity - Constitutional End Run?  (Read 340 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Coca-Cola® Demands Action On Law Firm Diversity - Constitutional End Run?

As part of The Great Reset, Coca-Cola has sent out to all outside legal firms that represent their interest. In short, billable hours charged to them, must be diverse.

Bradley Gayton, senior vice president and general counsel for Coca- Cola, former vice president, chief administrative officer and general counsel for Ford Motor Company, writes,

"The hard truth is that our profession is not treating the issue of diversity and inclusion as a business imperative. We are too quick to celebrate stagnant progress and reward intention. We have a crisis on our hands and we need to commit ourselves to specific actions that will accelerate the diversity of the legal profession."

He adds,

"Quite simply, we are no longer interested in discussing motivations, programs or excuses for little to no progress – it’s results that we are demanding and will measure going forward."

Below, are the requirements that will be expected from outside legal firms,   

> That they will give Coca-Cola self-identified diversity data (including American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, black, women, Hispanic/Latinx, LGBTQ+, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander and people with disabilities) for the company’s quarterly analysis of the diversity of teams working on its legal matters

> On each new Coca-Cola matter, at least 30 percent of each of billed associate and partner time will be from diverse attorneys, and of such amounts at least half will be from black attorneys. The company notes that these percentages are roughly linked to US census population data and will be adjusted over time as US census data evolves, with the aim of at least 50 percent of billed associate time and billed partner time being from diverse attorneys with at least half of that amount from black attorneys

> The responsible Coca-Cola attorney for each new legal matter will review performance against the relevant law firm’s commitment for new matters each quarter. Where there is a failure to meet the commitment, the law firm will be required to provide a plan to meet that target, and failure to meet it over two quarterly reviews will result in a 30 percent reduction in fees payable for the matter until the commitment is met. Continued failure may lead to the firm no longer being considered for Coca-Cola work

> The company encourages law firms that cannot meet these diversity commitments internally to work with other firms to do so

> Law firms’ managing partners ‘will publish a personal commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging and related action plans setting forth measurable goals’

> Law firms will provide transparency as to how credit is apportioned on Coca-Cola matters or how work on Coca-Cola matters is factored into an attorney’s performance evaluation and compensation

> Law firms will identify two or more diverse attorneys, at least half of whom are black, as candidates for succeeding to the relationship partner role with Coca-Cola. The company’s aim is to have at least 30 percent diverse relationship partners at its most-used firms, with at least half of those partners being black.

A good read on corporate diversity can be found over at Corporate Secretary.

I post this development to point out what is coming. Thank you Word Economic Forum (WEF) via The Great Reset (TGR). When will other large corporation join with Coca-Cola? Microsoft, Frito-Lay, Verizon, Wells Fargo, or Bank of America? This is how the WEF will execute TGR.

Ask yourself, how does this affect me? Simple, just looking at Coca-Cola these regulations affect all aspects of Coca-Cola. Bottling, trucking, raw ingredients, local vendors, et cetera. The list goes on and on.

List of Coca-Cola brands.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:37:38 AM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Coca-Cola Demands Action On Law Firm Diversity - Constitutional End Run?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 12:04:10 PM »
What a load of crap. The proper way to hire people is to hire the best qualified person who can work well with others and it doesn't matter if they are from Mars, China, Africa, Spain, or anywhere else. I see Coca Cola's actions as Intimidating and unwarranted demands. Maybe I'm just a hard ass but if you don't like the way I do business, go find find somebody else to do business with. :pissed:

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 01:56:58 PM »
   Maybe if Coke begins to lose lawsuits, and face penalties, they might change their minds.  Only losses will change their direction.  If they can no longer hire the best, they'll pay for it in the long term.  Get woke, go broke!

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 03:24:30 PM »
i like that slogan Jackalope, "Get woke, go broke."

We all have to understand that Coke is an enormous global company. Yes the North America is important to the company but I would be will to bet that the Asian market is bigger. The last time we were in the orient, Coke had Hong Kong and Vietnam sowed up when it came to soft drinks.

I assume India would be similar.

Companies like Coca-Cola are joining the WEF and the like not because they believe in diversity but because they see the world's economy going that direction. Other companies do too. It is the old get with the program in its infancy to ride the coattails of the movement.

My cut on them going around the Constitution is all about equity not equality. Equity means, forcing a certain quota regardless of skills to positions of power versus, providing a level playing field where anybody can rise as high in their chosen field that they choose.

The only way to hinder their new direction is to not support their product (s). Money talks.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 03:29:29 PM by JohnyMac »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Jackalope

• Administrator
  • Free Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 11:02:01 PM »
   About the only time I purchase coke products is when I'm in foreign countries, because I trust their beverage won't make me ill, unlike water.  Coke straight from the bottle, no ice. 

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 01:09:36 AM »
I heard this on the news the other night and will no longer purchase any coke products
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c