Author Topic: Good News re: British  (Read 279 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Good News re: British
« on: December 20, 2018, 09:52:52 PM »
but its 6 years old.  Still gives me hope for them.

Nemo

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8027054/british-sniper-killed-six-terrorists-single-bullet/

PURE SKILL How British army sniper once killed SIX terrorists with a single bullet

The unidentified marksmen hit his target from 930 yards (850 metres) while on tour in southern Afghanistan in 2013
By Alahna Kindred
20th December 2018, 2:33 pm
Updated: 20th December 2018, 7:40 pm

A BRITISH army sniper once killed six terrorists with a single bullet from one of the Army’s most powerful guns. (Note-- reportedly a 338 Lapua Mag)

The unidentified marksman, a Lance Corporal in the Coldstream Guards, hit the target from 930 yards (850 metres) away while in Kakaran in southern Afghanistan.

The unidentified marksmen fired the bullet from 930 yards (850 metres) away

All six terrorists were killed after a single bullet hit the trigger of a suicide bomber’s vest, which exploded killing everyone around him, The Daily Telegraph reported.

It is understood the marksman, who was 20 at the time, was using an L115A3 gun, which is one of the most powerful sniper weapons.

Lt Col Richard Slack, commanding officer of the 9/12 Royal Lancers, explained how the shot happened in December 2013 when hundreds of British and Afghan soldiers were in a gun battle with 15 to 20 insurgents.

He said in March 2014: “The guy was wearing a vest. He was identified by the sniper moving down a tree line and coming up over a ditch.

“He had a shawl on. It rose up and the sniper saw he had a machine gun.

“They were in contact and he was moving to a firing position. The sniper engaged him and the guy exploded.

“There was a pause on the radio and the sniper said, 'I think I’ve just shot a suicide bomber’. The rest of them were killed in the blast.”

The vest was said to have had 44 pounds (20 kilos) of explosives in it.

It was reported that with the sniper’s first shot on that tour of duty he killed a Taliban machine-gunner from 1,465 yards (1,340m).
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.