Author Topic: Anyone Want In  (Read 569 times)

Online Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Anyone Want In
« on: June 11, 2018, 10:04:52 PM »
on a perfect survival/tourist town.  And might get some silver in the deal too.

Nemo

https://boingboing.net/2018/06/11/for-sale-1-california-ghost.html
For sale: (1) California ghost town

Nestled between two national parks, Sequoia and Death Valley, there is a ghost town for sale. For a little under a million dollars, you could own a piece of the American West: an abandoned silver mining town founded in 1867 called Cerro Gordo.

Mental Floss reports:

Located in Owens Valley near the town of Lone Pine, the $925,000 property comes with over 300 acres of land, mineral rights, and no shortage of peace and quiet. There are 22 structures on site, including a historic hotel, bunkhouse, saloon, chapel, and museum—plus all of the artifacts that come with it.

“The site has been extremely well protected from diggers, artifact looters, and Mother Nature herself,” reads the listing, posted on a website specially created for the property that's aptly named ghosttownforsale.com. “Restoration has been undertaken on most of the buildings, and the rest are in a state of protected arrested decay.”

From its listing:

Held by the same family for decades and only available for purchase now. The site has been extremely well protected from diggers. artifact looters and Mother Nature herself. Restoration has been undertaken on most of the buildings. and the rest are in a state of protected arrested decay.

The site is historic as the first major mining camp south of the Sierra Nevada. Cerro Gordo is a privately-owned Mining Town located in the Owens Valley near Lone Pine, California. The town was the silver thread to Los Angeles, being partially responsible for its growth and economic development.

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
Re: Anyone Want In
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 02:14:47 PM »
There was a town for sale in NM when I lived there, I wish I would have bought it then
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 03:39:46 PM »
I looked at a listing for a ghost town for sale in California but who in the Hell would want to live in California?

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 04:18:42 PM »
I looked at a listing for a ghost town for sale in California but who in the Hell would want to live in California?

People that are already stuck here  :lmfao:
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

gadget99

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 10:22:15 AM »
Thought I might include a property that is for sale that is less than a kilometre from our house.

Take a look.

A prepper fortress.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54190248.html

Offline Kbop

• Hardcore Prepper
!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »
very cool, an old star fort.  If i win the lottery, i'm in!

gadget99

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 12:53:14 PM »
very cool, an old star fort.  If i win the lottery, i'm in!
Yep ....

Oh to win the lottery.

Online Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 09:57:46 PM »
Can you fill/build a moat?

And yes, I win the lottery and I am in deep!

From what I can see I could probably smuggle in defense ornaments.

Nemo

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

gadget99

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 03:14:42 AM »
Can you fill/build a moat?

And yes, I win the lottery and I am in deep!

From what I can see I could probably smuggle in defense ornaments.

Nemo
If you look closely what looks like a moat type area is the space between the inner fort and the outer breastworks. The breastworks are as tall as the inner fort. So  the space between was the killing ground for those trying to attack the fort.

Here some more info.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Hill_Fort?wprov=sfla1

Cheers

Online Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 07:54:50 PM »
If a half dozen of us could get out there, start digging and find 60K ounces of silver .  .  ..

Nemo
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:59:05 AM by Nemo »

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 08:12:44 PM »
Having been a Rockbound for about 50 years, I can tell you that there is Silver in Va., but its hard to find and extract. On the other hand, Gold is abundant from Virgilina straight up to Fairfax. The heart of Gold country is around eastern Fluvana county, western Gouchland county, eastern Buckingham county, and central Louisa county. Spotsylvania county ain't bad either. Go for the gold. For those folks out in the western part of Va., Carroll county has some also.