Author Topic: Would like input on this holster.  (Read 1699 times)

hjmoosejaw

Would like input on this holster.
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:56:05 AM »
First, I see some down sides to this holster, but there is certain criteria I'm looking for. The F.L.A.S.H. on his hip has an accessory which allows for a telescopic baton type thing. I don't need that. So the one on the table would be the actual size. It's also expensive. I inquiered and he said it was 239.00 or 249.00 (can't remember) but I could have it for 200.00 because my son is in law enforcement. I open carry most of the time and have had a huge problem finding a level II or III retention holster for my Sig P226 WITH the Sig STL900 Laser/light. They make a F.L.A.S.H. specifically for this gun and light.

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
Re: Would like input on this holster.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 12:50:17 PM »
Looks goofy, heavy, bulky, and just plain weird.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 01:51:41 PM »
eww... I'm with spirit on this one..

and aside from being goofy and bulky, it's entirely too complicated. could you imagine having to do all that bullshit under stress?

and to take it one step further, it looks like there's an awful lot of pieces and parts and gadgets on that thing that could possibly fail. IMO the less moving parts... the less attachment points, the better.

I can appreciate the concept of what they were trying to achieve when designing it, but it's just too damn complicated IMO.
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 02:27:09 PM »
way too much crap going on there... i want less moving parts to fail not more... this thing looks like it comes with it owns feild strip and cleaning process...
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline rah45

• Community Moderator
  • Live Free, or Die.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 10:31:41 PM »
I really like the features that thing has. I could see it being extremely useful in L.E., and also very useful if you have kids and need to lock up your pistol in the vehicle if you cannot legally carry it for a few minutes (going inside a business/federal building that doesn't allow weapons). Of course, I would want to do extensive wear-and-tear tests and field testing to see how it functioned and if it needed cleaning. I wouldn't pay $240 for the privilege of conducting said field testing. My lvl 2 Sig Sauer holster, which cost me $30, serves me just fine and is fast, comfy and extremely simple. It serves my purpose. Think about what you REALLY need in a holster, analyze what a typical lvl 2/3 holster gives you, and then see what advantage you'd have to getting this one. I don't think the advantages would be that great, unless you do work in some sort of LEO or security type job where you really do have to worry about other people grabbing your weapon, especially if you're fighting hand to hand.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 11:53:59 PM »
It has more than one review on youtube. It MUST be awesome. [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at

Sorry bro. No experience. I wish I could help.
RvR
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 12:05:56 AM »
What are these morons thinking.
Their holster takes the pistol out of battery. That alone should make you stay far away.
I couldn't imagine spending that much money for a holster, it better make me breakfast in the morning for that price.
sic luceat lux

Offline EJR914

• Hardcore Prepper
    • EJR914 Youtube Page
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 07:59:16 AM »
Push down so that you can pull up and bring the gun on target?  No thanks.  Every milisecond counts when you NEED your firearm brought on target right then.

Not to mention all those moving parts that can fail.

There is plenty not to like about this holster.

It may be fine for LE work, but I think you'll find even they are hesitant about it.

The pros that it brings to the table just aren't worth all the negatives. 

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 09:01:53 AM »
yeah let me work off what EJR said about the push down to pull up thing. that sucks because now your guns way down their behind that huge holster so your choices to get the muzzle pointed forward are to either go around the holster which would be a funky new addition to the draw stroke or go waaay over the top to get the muzzle pointed forward. just an all around poor design. and i could see the guy was an idiot when he showed the holster in use with a funky ass cross draw.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline Veritas

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 10:47:40 PM »
Talk to these guys...

http://www.hideousholsters.com/default.html

They make a good holster, and are reasonable on the pricing.  If they don't have a way to make it, they'll work with you.  (perhaps send them your light?)

Only downside is about a 3 week wait time.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but my Kalashnikov will hurt you.

"Don't wish ill for your enemy, plan it."

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 11:40:08 PM »
Talk to these guys...

http://www.hideousholsters.com/default.html

They make a good holster, and are reasonable on the pricing.  If they don't have a way to make it, they'll work with you.  (perhaps send them your light?)

Only downside is about a 3 week wait time.

I appreciate the input, but I am currently looking for a level II or III retention holster. I know there are downfalls with this Phalanx holster but it is the only one that I have found that accommodates my gun with the specific laser/light. Fobus makes one that MIGHT fit it, but I have gotten some negative input on it.