General Category > Gear Review

Starlink Internet Setup & Review

<< < (2/3) > >>

JohnyMac:
Jackalope, huh? Solar flares?  :hiding:

Searchboss:

--- Quote from: JohnyMac on September 25, 2023, 06:07:31 PM ---I am known for when people ask for the time, I explain to them how to build a clock.  ;)  :cheers:

--- End quote ---

That sounds like a friend of mine. He is an engineer. We don't really hold that against him. We just keep him away from serious discussions.  :stir:

Great post!!!

JohnyMac:
 :thumbsUp: Searchboss.

JohnyMac:
Quick update.

Saturday January 6, 2024 around 1630E hrs my Starlink router bit the dust. I did some quick diagnoses to determined it was the router and not something else. I started a trouble ticket and waited. I only had my cell phone for emails and my service fluctuated between SOS, No Service, and one bar.

Sunday morning, I had a response from Starlink. The info I gave them was apparently enough for them to issue me a new router. No fuss no muss.

Monday I received a Fed Ex tracking number. Today, I received the router. Plugged it in and I was back up within 10-minutes.

In days of poor service, I was very happy with Starlink's response.

:thumbsUp: :cheers:

Jackalope:
From a prepper standpoint, any suggestions?  Can you purchase a spare router?  Or would you need to purchase a complete second system?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version