Author Topic: Plate Carriers  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Currahee

• Senior Prepper
  • "Stands Alone"
Plate Carriers
« on: June 27, 2018, 01:25:50 PM »
Couple of new gear vids, not really reviews- but tips after long term use

Plate Carrierhttps://www.bitchute.com/video/fy5SupCfeGVW/

C-A-T https://www.bitchute.com/video/zzjyqWmf7qT5/
Every citizen should be a soldier.  This was the case for the Greeks and Romans ans must be that of every free state. - T Jefferson

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
Re: Plate Carriers
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 05:18:29 PM »
Here is link to an Active shooter version of the Banshee plate carrier for $99. Very similar to the ones displayed in the video.

https://www.lifeandlibertygear.com/shop/shellback-tactical-defender-active-shooter-nylon-body-armor-carrier-kit-with-bag/

Edited to add: Ranger Green is the only viable color option avaliable as this is intended for L.E.O.s
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 09:14:22 AM »
Good video's Currahee. I always enjoy your video's as I always takeaway something that makes a lot of sense. I have now added to my plate carrier kit a Sharpe and zip ties.

I am a fan of larger plate carriers though like the Eagle Ind. then the one you used in the video. The reason being for me, it gives my back better support.

With that written I to keep the plate high, level with my collar bone.

I have been using an interesting two step set-up.

First, I have a battle belt with suspenders set-up. I typically leave my battle belt hanging form the first stair banister near the front door. It is easy to grab, throw on, and then boogie.

On this battle belt I have the following from left to right:
> Three 5.56 mag pouch,
> Three 9mm mag pouch on the front of the 5.56 mag pouches
> IFAK Pouch
> Drop pouch

Then space on the belt to sit comfortably in a vehicle, then

> 2-meter handheld
> Old Grenade pouch used just for miscellaneous garbage
> Retaining holster, and last
> AR-15 Gerber type multi tool.

On one of the suspenders I have a Cat tourniquet and a mic that goes to my 2-meter radio.

Second level, I have my Eagle Plate Carrier w/cummerbund. On the plate carrier I have:

> Three 5.56 mag pouch and another grenade pouch for miscellaneous stuff.

This two level system has served me well over the years. Like what we see in Currahee's video's, ya' got to wear 'em. I do so and over the years have shed items that I never used which made the system more efficient.

Peace!

Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline CJS06

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 07:24:02 PM »
Currahee

Great video. A real pet peeve of mine is when I see people wearing chest rigs improperly.  Granted it is usually at an event like LFOD or others like it where the rig was broken out for the big day where they were able to wear it.  There is nothing like seeing a plate carrier protecting a belly button  :facepalm:.

I like a relatively slick carrier then add to it based upon the needs.  I really like my LBX Armatus carrier as a base unit. I have a couple of pre set up from panels that I can snap on as well a back panel that can be added on. My front panels have either just 3 rifle mags or a slightly beefier version that adds 2 pistol mags a light and a tool as well as the rifle mags. My back panel is set up with hydration and a med kit and a couple of other small items.  I like the carrier because it is fairly low profile and I often use it in conjunction with a simple recce rig from RDR. It also doesnt conflict with any packs I have.

I do have a low profile belt from RDR called the Advance Instructor belt. It is set up with a "happy mag" for my rifle and 2 pistol mags as well as IFAK and a knife. I can quickly add a 2nd rifle mag to it if I decide to.

You need to wear your gear to be used to it or it will be more of a hindrance than a benefit when the time comes.  In addition to getting comfortable in your plates, it will also help to sort out gear placement and as Johny said will help you to find out what you really dont need.

Chris