Author Topic: Looking for War Belt First Aid Kit  (Read 2437 times)

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Looking for War Belt First Aid Kit
« on: April 21, 2012, 03:16:35 PM »
Actually I don't know what I am looking for.  ???

> I either want a mail order first aid kit for my gun belt/utility belt ot I want to,
> Build my own BUT I don't know what to put in it other then:
    - Band aides
    - Antseptic
    - Tweezers
    - Scissors
    - Magnify glass
    - Asprin
    - Advil
    - ETC

Any advise on where to buy a complete kit or what should go into a home made one would be appreciated.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
Re: Looking for War Belt First Aid Kit
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 04:35:49 PM »
Looks like it would be easier to just make one and put in a molle pouch.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline NOLA556

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 04:49:41 PM »
I'd buy a small MOLLE pouch and do it yourself. if not there's a few reputable companies that offer IFAK's such as Voodoo Tactical

I honestly can't remember what brand mine is. TG could tell you, it was my prize from the content contest. I don't keep it on a belt though, it's attached to the side of my BOB.

it's contents are:

-Israeli bandage
-tourniqet
-1 roll waterproof medical tape
-bottle of miscellaneous ibuprofen, naproxin sodium, antibiotics
-small tube of Neosporin (lol)
-EMT sheers
-2 25g QuickClots
-5 4" gauze pads
-dozens of regular bandaids
-4 packets of EmergenC
Rome is burning, and Obama is playing the fiddle - GAP

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 09:00:24 PM »
Any decent IFAK is going to be too big to carry in the belt.

I'm using a Condor rip away IFAK

When you start filling it up it takes a lot of space.

I like Nola's IFAK contents, the israeli bandage is fantastic.
A point that often is forgotten is that we should carry the tourniquet outside the IFAK pouch because it needs to be readily accessible, I'm guilty of this one too...

You need to remember to carry surgical gloves, multiple 2" gauze rolls and a nasofaringeal airway.
You can add hydration salts an a big syringe with an irrigation cup.

I'll rather make my own kit that buying a pre made one, and above all you need to learn how to use
the IFAK contents and practice often, PHTLS book is a good source of information about first aid.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:33:24 PM »
Like Nola mines also attached to my BOB and i assembled it myself. i wont list the contents of mine as its probably not medically correct but is currently what i would actually consider even trying with my level of knowledge so in some cases my Kit may let a person Die that otherwise would live with some one like walker working on them but thats reality and its a work in progress..no point to haul around crap you cant even use. long story short i know my limitations.

I Aslo carry common bandaids in my Blow out kit because simplicity is ideal and i dont see a need to have medical supplies in two seperate locations in my BOB. it just wont affect survivability in a serious situation with some bandaids sitting in my blow out kit and i dont plan to carry enough of non urgent medical supplies to justify a whole other kit locate don my person so in the Blow out kit those things go.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:36:12 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 10:39:43 PM »
GREAT! Thanks gents. It looks like I am going to build mine.  :))

I have set up a standard 2 1/4" military utility belt with Alice suspenders. I need the suspenders as my beer belly is a bit bigger then my hips  :)) :))

My goal is to have a grab and run belt that has the mininum of what I need attached without going overboard. I also want something to just grab and wear when I walk around the BOL property ESPECIALLY this time of year (Bear birthing seaosn)- "I know nothing about birthing no babies." A line from a movie way before most of you young guys time.  :))

I will post when I am done. RvR and Walker will have a good laugh.... [url=http://www.freesmileys.or 
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline tominphx

• Senior Prepper
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 05:54:54 AM »
Blue force gear's trauma kit now. Run it on the back of the belt, so you can pull the supplies out with either hand easily and quickly. I think it's the most practical way to have a full trauma kit on a belt.

The supplies you can buy from chinookmed.com.

You need things to treat the 3 major causes of "battlefield" deaths, blood loss, tensionpneumothorax, and obstructed airway. I have a  video I can send you that is a basic run down on treating all of those in a simple and no nonsense manner. PM me if you want it, and I'll figure out a way to send it to you.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

It's better to have it and not need it ...