General Category > Gear Review

Grid Down Lighting

<< < (3/3)

DMCakhunter:
Depends on your needs, location and access to batteries/USB charging.
We use iprotec rebel headlamps every day, well, night . They are small, lightweight, easy to recharge. Used for taking the dog out after dark when I want to avoid stepping on leavings that my wife did not pick up. If you get one, read the fine print that says to remove the battery then reinstall - this removes the DEMO mode from memory. Otherwise it will only stay on for 10 seconds. The button is easy to access, but it is also easy to turn on by accident in a pocket. To travel, it will need a case. I have one of these in every vehicle.
For hunting, I like the princeton tech Apex. A large light, comes in either usb charging or AA battery version. There are several lumen output versions. Nice feature is one switch controls the main beam and another controls the smaller LED's. Easier to manage. Another powerful headlamp is the black diamond Icon headlamp. I prefer the older model 400 lumen version, but, it has a single button that you have to press thru to get to the setting you want. It is lighter than the Apex.
As far as battery vs rechargable - I prefer AA battery units when I am away from home. Rechargables when at home.

Felix:
Thanks DM, some items I will look up, probably order a battery model - do have a solar battery charger and some batteries.   Perhaps a direct rechargeable if/when I get a true solar installation.
I do have a 400(?) model but it goes through its 3 AAAs pretty fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version