Author Topic: Flashlights...what do you have?  (Read 4189 times)

goodnightChesty1775

Re: Flashlights...what do you have?
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 01:44:09 AM »
i carry a 'leatherman monarch 300' that came with a POS multi tool. thing takes 1 AAA LED blub pretty bright and only changed the battery once because it was dim, and i do think i need a change now lol. but yeah over a year 2 bats and i use the hell out of it.

http://www.katerno.com/detail.php?s=242291

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 08:41:38 AM »
Just in the mail today, a Citipower SA-9. It's damn bright....

First impressions (besides being damn bright), seems very well built and not something that I have to worry about breaking through normal use. The adjustable focus/zoom is neat, also has a strobe feature. Best part, only cost me $7 shipped.

I have something very similar to that and I really like it.  $12 shipped, from china of course, but I have had it for almost 2 years and its still going!
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 12:35:52 PM »
Just in the mail today, a Citipower SA-9. It's damn bright....

First impressions (besides being damn bright), seems very well built and not something that I have to worry about breaking through normal use. The adjustable focus/zoom is neat, also has a strobe feature. Best part, only cost me $7 shipped.

I have something very similar to that and I really like it.  $12 shipped, from china of course, but I have had it for almost 2 years and its still going!
For the price, I'm thinking of getting a couple more. Quality seems really good.

Crow

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 12:40:53 PM »
Surefire scout.
2d  mag
2 aa mag

UnBroken

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 02:34:32 PM »
 Warning OFF TOPIC: Why do so many of you guys have lights on your rifle?

That is a tactic I still don't get even after 3 deployments... I get it for house clearing .. but i have my pistol and a. Shotgun for house clearing

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 02:50:54 PM »
Warning OFF TOPIC: Why do so many of you guys have lights on your rifle?

That is a tactic I still don't get even after 3 deployments... I get it for house clearing .. but i have my pistol and a. Shotgun for house clearing

I know, I don't understand it either.  It just screams here I am or look this way I'm coming.  Maybe they'll educate us on what we're missing.

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco

Offline gapatriot

• Committed prepper
    • Homefront defense
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 02:54:51 PM »
My bad I thought it said "fleshlights what do you have".  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at By the way its a prep you shouldnt pass up on.... just saying....

UnBroken

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 03:13:38 PM »
WT: I have flashlights . My point was weapons mounted lights on your rifle.

I had one on my rifle in Iraq and when i was in the " stan" I only used it when we where house clearing... So for the point of preppers I just do not understand why you would want to use a light on your rifle... I have a hand heald for when i drop into secondary so you can see the light but its no were near my body. I just don't understand why on tour rifle when you are gonna be hunting and fightingwith it, more then likely outdoors.

Oh and btw my wife is my fleshlight  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

Crow

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 08:44:37 PM »
WT: I have flashlights . My point was weapons mounted lights on your rifle.

I had one on my rifle in Iraq and when i was in the " stan" I only used it when we where house clearing... So for the point of preppers I just do not understand why you would want to use a light on your rifle... I have a hand heald for when i drop into secondary so you can see the light but its no were near my body. I just don't understand why on tour rifle when you are gonna be hunting and fightingwith it, more then likely outdoors.

Oh and btw my wife is my fleshlight 

Well I dont know about you other dudes but some people doesn't have a shotgun(s) pistol(s) I have an sks cant even mount my light to it yet. Atm I have a scope on it I have a red dot for it as well.   I will be scavenging local abandoned houses which means I will be doing it with my sks. I can't afford to stock up months and months of food and I have my 3 kids a wife and me. I will stock what I can and rely on my skills common sense ability to think globally and my knowledge of of tactics terrain and peoples reliable panic. That is why I will have a light on my rifle, if I run across a pistol it will be my means of clearing with a hand held light.

I'm sure there are dudes doing it just because they have a rail to put it on, and if they do that and are in a situation like me where breach and clear is something that will eventually have to be done dont be hating lol.  Fuel do you run an ak?

UnBroken

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 10:52:30 PM »
Not anymore I did when i. First got into preping... but i switched cause of a few reasons..... I was trained with the m4 platform( USMC grunt), I can get that ammo for next to nothing, I build them all the time so knowing the weapon is like knowing myself.

I sold my AK ... It was a great weapons system but I can do more with my m4. My wife is ex LEO. I'm also prior PLEO( Private law enforcment ) and bail enforcement... so i have alot of time behind the system... Just makes sence ya know?

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 11:26:03 PM »
The only reason I have for putting a light on my rifle would be for the 'bump in the night' kinda shit pre-collapse.

In a World with Rule of Law you had better make damn sure who and what you are shooting at in the middle of the night.

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 12:29:34 AM »
The only reason I have for putting a light on my rifle would be for the 'bump in the night' kinda shit pre-collapse.

In a World with Rule of Law you had better make damn sure who and what you are shooting at in the middle of the night.

I use a flashlight like its supposed to be used.

Tag I see you, you cant see me. Wait for secondary flash. Or if your Friendly awesome you just got lucky I didn't pick out a silhouette in the night and blast.

If you turn your flashlight on and walk around with it beaming into every crack and crevice of the night. Your a fucking retard.
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012, 12:33:22 AM »
I have become a huge whore for flashlights lately. So here goes nothing!

http://www.rei.com/product/632461/photon-micro-light-ii-led-light

Everywhere, all the time and clipped to zipper pulls these little Photon Micro Light II LED Lights are fantastic! If I were born a rich man's son instead of so good looking I would festoon my world with these. They come in red, white and blue

http://www.surefire.com/6P-Led

When I really got to blind a fool and slay some bodies (http://www.youtube.com/user/jiffz0rz?feature=watch) Sure it takes an expensive rare battery but holy dog balls Batman this light it bright!

http://www.phantomlights.com/personal2.html

The most interesting light I own is made by Phantom Warrior. It is water proof, shock proof, plastic and has the neatest little switch I've ever seen. I acquired this light to use as a backup while backpacking because of that switch. You see the switch locks so there is no way that it can come on while in your pack... that is pretty fucking trick but when you couple that with the fact that it is also dimable, can be switched from on (dimable) to momentary or selected between blue or white... now that is really something. Did I mention that it is powered by 4 AA batteries which last forever! If you guys ever run across one of these neat little lights do yourself a favor and just buy it. Hell buy it and I will take it off your hands! CASH MONEY!

Princeton Tec Predator Pro Headlamp (I guess it's out of production) http://spectrum.princetontec.com/

Everyone I know has some super dim LED Petzle that they swear by but for night hiking you need light and lots of it. Sure it's only got a 5 hour run time off of 4 AA batteries but you can actually see shit at a distance with it so.... Once again waterproof, impact resistant and I will buy these lamps for CASH MONEY!!

http://www.maglite.com/product.asp?psc=2DCELL

"High-intensity adjustable light beam (Spot to Flood), rugged, machined aluminum construction with knurled design, anodized inside and out for improved corrosion resistance, water and shock resistant, spare lamp safely secured inside the tailcap" or so says their webpage. This light is mounted to the dashboard of my truck. Back when I didn't know any better I thought this was a good light. Truth be told it isn't worth a fuck.

The batteries spill their guts in the barrel of the light, because of the hot and cold cycling that it goes though living in my pick up the batteries are always dead but even if they weren't the light is still so dim that you need another light by which to see it's light. The switch wears out before the second set of batteries and they are FUCKING HEAVY.. so why do you still have it mounted within easy reach inside your pick up?? Because it is a fairly innocent looking deal that in reality is a lead filled pipe, that's why.  [url=http://www.freesmileys.or

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2012, 12:35:00 AM »
You are absolutely right Reaver.. I thought that shit was common knowledge :(

UnBroken

« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2012, 12:38:26 AM »

You'd be surprised how may retards there are. Not to mention negligent discharges... I dont want to risk it. My eye sight is much better at night anyway

Offline Reaver

• Hardcore Prepper
  • I just want it to start already
    • ASTINvlogs
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2012, 12:39:10 AM »

No way bro, I've seen a lot of retard ( mostly over seas ) just kick on their lights and roam around like their light is a light saber.  [img]http://www.arrse.co.uk/at
Any station this is net, any station this is net. Monster One Alpha Radio check over.

Offline sledge

• Community Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2012, 12:46:58 AM »
I've got several flashlights.  There are 3 on my nightstand right now.  I don't want one attached to a rifle, pistol, or shotgun.  But there is electrical tape close by if for some reason I ever change my mind. 

In the pursuit of liberty, many will fall. In the pursuit of fascism, many will be against the wall..........   Courtesy of Xydaco