Author Topic: Clothing....what do u have?  (Read 2753 times)

backwoodsboy

Clothing....what do u have?
« on: December 24, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »
One forgotten item for shtf/wrol is clothing, i never see anything about clothing on youtube, if u dont have several pairs of camo they will get really nasty, u dont have to get into underwear, im just talking about pants and jackets. i plan on wearing-

wrangler jeans
od green jacket
rocky mountain boots
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:15:56 AM by sledge »

Ghost

Re: Clothing....what do u have?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 09:54:38 PM »
I plan on wearing a loincloth. Leopard print. And it has a couple rows of MOLLE on it to mount mags and other shit.

Want some pics?

backwoodsboy

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 10:01:40 PM »
Sure! that would be great!

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 10:06:27 PM »
Wouldn't that get cold in Canada? hehe
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Ghost

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 10:11:40 PM »
Wouldn't that get cold in Canada? hehe
It has wool on the other side to keep the man parts warm.

[URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

backwoodsboy

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 10:14:49 PM »
lmao

Offline Outonowhere

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 11:20:48 PM »
When you got as much hair as us MEN do, you got your own natural coat! lol

[url=http://yoursmiles.org/p-m

And I wear whatever is appropriate for the situation but it will be durable yet comfortable!
"A GREAT CONTRADICTION IS THE BELIEF IN STATES RIGHTS WHILE NOT SUPPORTING THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL."  - Me
Han shot first!

Buck Naked

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 06:13:31 AM »
Every year I buy a few new pair of jeans and hang them in the closet. Then I take a few of the old ones and put them in a large tub I use to store such things. In that tub there is also a few bdu pants, a few old jackets and sweatshirts, a few pairs of my old duty boots, and my old fleshlight.

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 10:31:03 AM »
i have at least 5 pairs of good jeans and work pants. one pack of upopened socks, lots of good socks, lots of good shirts.

i need more undies, boot socks, earth tone shirts, and a few more pairs of my favorite boots.

and alot more crap too that i cant think of at the moment.

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 10:31:31 AM »
EDIT: and all that is stuff i dont wear on the day to day...

Offline v0dka

• Firefigher EMT-P
  • Senior Prepper
  • flecktastic!!
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 11:44:08 AM »
Every year I buy a few new pair of jeans and hang them in the closet. Then I take a few of the old ones and put them in a large tub I use to store such things. In that tub there is also a few bdu pants, a few old jackets and sweatshirts, a few pairs of my old duty boots, and my old fleshlight.
ew :o
sic luceat lux

goodnightChesty1775

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »
ew :o

i LOLD

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 02:51:05 PM »
BWB brings up a good point, you don't hear people taking about putting clothes away because it isn't even as sexy as prepping food but it will be important.

One of the things I do BWB is I don't wear my clothes out. What I mean is that when I got a Wrangler work shirt that starts to fray at the cuffs I take it out of rotation and put it away for the future. Sure I could keep wearing it, it still has lots of life left in it but I don't want to look like a bum at work. Just because I work at a trade doesn't mean I don't have any pride.

So all my clothes get put way while they still have the ugly half of their life left in them. To that I've added a couple of bags of socks and underwear because the workshirt plan doesn't work for them.

Another thing I do is I buy every used workboot I can find that is in my size range.. 10-11 1/2. I buy boots that I would never wear to work, brands that I know are crap, boots that are too stiff, too black or too whatever because I can get them for a buck or two and there may come a day that its better than being bare foot.

Its is a good question BWB sorry the other "adults" didn't see it.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 02:52:42 PM by thatguy »

backwoodsboy

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 06:13:13 PM »
Thanks thatguy, i just thought it was something good to bring up while i thought about it, if u can find old boots for a buck, who gives a crap what ur wearing in a bad situation, i dont think people will be being fashon police when ur the only one with footwear, its a really good point about putting work clothes away with some life left, and when those get worn out in a shtf scenario u can cut it up and use it for patching clothes up. Thanks again for seeing my point.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 07:51:42 PM »
i always have a couple pairs of nicer work boots laying around and then i also have my danner military style boots but id like to atleast put away one more brand new pair of those. i dont think there will be a shortage of clothing or footwear aslong as you can survive long enough to claim all the free boots/clothes that will be laying around. and if you didnt survive long enough then your boots probably have plenty of life left in them for the next guy to claim.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 09:54:02 AM »
BWB great topic. Thanks for starting it.

My wife has purchased enough underwear to supply the Army. I finally had to ask her to stop. Now she is buying socks.

I buy Cabela's jeans when they are on sale (Around $20- a pair) and then I buy 3 -4 pair. I put them away until the old ones have too many holes. I like the idea that you had TG, in that you put away the half life clothes and use the new ones.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co

I buy a dozen at a time Duluth Trading company's t-shirts when they are on sale and free delivery. I love the extra length and the weight of the fabric. My old T-'s disappear as they start to fade or get battery acid holes. I think my wife takes them and throws them out as I never find them in the rag bin. She knows I would pull them out and say, "This is a perfectly good shirt!"

TG, where do you look for used boots? I like that idea.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 10:05:15 AM by special-k »
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline thatGuy

• Kind Lover
  • Community Moderator
    • thatGuy's youtube
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 02:15:54 PM »
Johny,

Yard sales and thrift stores mostly. Another really good idea is to start a network of people that yard sail. I said my range was 10 to 11 1/2 because my brothers and father fit in to the range. So my mom and dad keep an eye open for me and so does my brother and I keep an eye open for them. If its just a couple of bucks its well worth it.

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2011, 04:37:14 PM »
As I get older, I've come to really appreciate a good pair of socks, especially in the late fall/winter/early spring times. Got a couple of nice pairs of Wigwams for the holidays.

http://www.wigwam.com/

Offline Kobalt

• Committed prepper
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 06:47:28 PM »
Jeans and a metric shit tone of flannel.
Fan out your shots. We want everyone to get some.

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2011, 09:06:27 PM »
Thanks TG- Great idea!  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Deathstyle

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 02:41:54 AM »
A bunch of Khaki/Beige/tan/olive drab pants with cargo pockets from my days in high school and a crap load of tee shirts Ive collected from all the concerts ive attended.

Also have about 3 sets of BDUs (at least, its been awhile since Ive checked them out) from my cousin who is in the Air Force. She and her husband parted ways and he happened to be leaving the service around that time and left his cammies behind.
"Blackouts are God's way of saying, 'Don't worry 'bout it".

1000meterstare

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 08:55:11 PM »
I'm a big believer in boots.  I have a pair of artic boots (the tall alpine ones), british-issue desert winter boots, and voodoo tactical boots.  My buddy just spent 200 bucks on a pair of custom-fitted red wing boots.  He says it's like walking on little clouds.