Author Topic: Carbon Express Atlatl  (Read 1071 times)

Offline chrisreltom

• Prepper Apprentice
Carbon Express Atlatl
« on: January 22, 2019, 04:17:48 PM »
I use to like and walk through the forest with my son and go stumping. Basically what it is shooting at dead decaying stumps or fallen trees. The rule is that when you see this decaying tree your suppose to stop, take aim and shoot. This is a great aiming practice with a recurve or longbow. I got this today to put a different spin on it. https://youtu.be/liPKNXRFX_w

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Re: Carbon Express Atlatl
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 04:19:24 PM »
So, how big of an interest in this company do you have?

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline chrisreltom

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 04:31:21 PM »
None just got this

Offline patriotman

• Committed prepper
  • Find me on Freezoxee - patriotman
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 07:13:06 AM »
So, how big of an interest in this company do you have?

Nemo

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Psalm 144:1-2

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 08:53:15 AM »
None just got this

I am surprised.  Not unusual to get a post like the one above which is nothing more than an ad.

I even took the time to look at your history here before I posted my question.  You joined and posted the above as first post, been only post until your reply to me. 

Nemo
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:58:10 AM by Nemo »

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 12:37:39 PM »
I've made and played with atlatls and can say without a doubt yours is a POS. The dart "may" be useful but ones made from natural resources are much better and user friendly.
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline chrisreltom

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 08:05:38 PM »
I'm not hawking, I was just trying get opinions.

Offline pkveazey

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 09:07:57 PM »
I have nothing against Atlatls but its not something I would buy and bug out with. I collect indian artifacts and have seen detailed drawings of how its made and how it works. I even saw a TV show where an expert demonstrated the difference in hand thrown spears and an atlatl. The atlatl kicked the hand thrown spears ass for accuracy and hitting force. If I have to bug out, I'll be loaded to the hilt with firearms and ammo. I would find the atlatl really handy if I were out in the wild with nothing but a hunting knife. Knapping a point, making the dart, making the shaft, and making the throwing stick would be an all day job but there is no way I would leave home with an atlatl for my only protection and source of game to eat. However, if I wanted to learn to use one and wanted to practice a lot, I definitely would use the more perfectly straight store bought version. For those who don't know about atlatls, they are a throwing stick, a long spear shaft, and about a dozen darts. When the spear shaft with attached dart hits the animal, the recoil causes the dart to stick into the animal and the spear shaft to drop off on the ground. The hunter then retrieves the spear shaft and inserts another dart. Then the hunter tries to follow the darted animal and stick his ass again with another dart. This continues until the animal bleeds out and dies. Then its suppertime.

Offline chrisreltom

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 09:50:00 PM »
I have nothing against Atlatls but its not something I would buy and bug out with. I collect indian artifacts and have seen detailed drawings of how its made and how it works. I even saw a TV show where an expert demonstrated the difference in hand thrown spears and an atlatl. The atlatl kicked the hand thrown spears ass for accuracy and hitting force. If I have to bug out, I'll be loaded to the hilt with firearms and ammo. I would find the atlatl really handy if I were out in the wild with nothing but a hunting knife. Knapping a point, making the dart, making the shaft, and making the throwing stick would be an all day job but there is no way I would leave home with an atlatl for my only protection and source of game to eat. However, if I wanted to learn to use one and wanted to practice a lot, I definitely would use the more perfectly straight store bought version. For those who don't know about atlatls, they are a throwing stick, a long spear shaft, and about a dozen darts. When the spear shaft with attached dart hits the animal, the recoil causes the dart to stick into the animal and the spear shaft to drop off on the ground. The hunter then retrieves the spear shaft and inserts another dart. Then the hunter tries to follow the darted animal and stick his ass again with another dart. This continues until the animal bleeds out and dies. Then its suppertime.
Thanks, with the takedown dart it wouldn't take much space. But probably useful for practice than to pack for space.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 09:51:35 PM by chrisreltom »

Offline chrisreltom

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 12:38:17 AM »
None just got this

I am surprised.  Not unusual to get a post like the one above which is nothing more than an ad.

I even took the time to look at your history here before I posted my question.  You joined and posted the above as first post, been only post until your reply to me. 

Nemo
Maybe this is why you are a prepper. I garden and shoot bows as well, I have a few guns. I am an army vet and was stationed mostly at fort bragg north carolina. I was a medic and nationally register intermediate emt. I was support for 7th and 11th SF group, provided medical coverage, I also did same coverage for SEAL course during the land war fare training. The seals waste more rounds during live fire than anything I have ever seen. I also was attached to a FAST team, and essentially surgical tech when training.
Sorry for causing concern about my motives, this stuff, fishing,  hunting and YouTube are my hobbies.

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 09:32:29 AM »
Glad to have you.  You creds are impressive, I thank you for your service. 

We do get the occasional drive by ads around here, among dozens of other places.  I question things.

Like the old saying goes--- question reality.  And question authority.  Question disagreement.  Question agreement.  Question everything.  Even question questioning.

Nemo

Offline chrisreltom

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 09:34:57 AM »
Lol, the armies the best thing I did

Online JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 09:51:54 AM »
This thread is locked.
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.