Author Topic: Blending In  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Gunner

• Prepper Apprentice
Re: Blending In
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »
Ken is your ghillie heavy? Do you still have a write up anywhere on how you made it?
I want to make another since I used woodland camo as my base and it stands out if the jute separates.

nope no write up... i pretty much just copied all the other write ups/videos and made my own version based on all of the above. one thing i did was instead of sewing on the netting to the BDU i just used fabric glue/shoe goo...its as strong or stromger then sewing and its way faster. some sew and then glue over that but its not nessicary.

my ghillie weighs about 4lbs dry... it is way too hot to use in the heat of the summer because its way too thick. but in the winter its perfect because you can wear just that with a normal shirt  under and be perfect.

Yea I sewed mine with floss then used shoe goo haha. I want to find a way to make them more breathable because mine is like a damn sona in any weather. Did you separate the jute into smaller strings, or used it as one thick string?

Have any more pictures of it?

i tied on mine in 3-6 piece bundles at a time. if your asking if i tied on fulIl pieces of jute rope no i did not. you can either strip down burlap fabric into the single strands or order the jute already cut and bundled online. ill add some links when i get home im late for work.

this site sells the pre-cut and dyed jute... im sure you can find it much cheaper though.

http://www.ghilliesuitsonline.com/custom-tracker-ghillie-kit.html

This video shows how to break down the burlap fabric... he pulls from the middle, i found pulling from one end is much easier and dosent bunch up the fabric. Starts @ 2:15

How to make a Ghillie Suit 2/9

Awesome man thanks, I need to get started on a new one ASAP.

hjmoosejaw

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 11:12:56 PM »
Put some pics up when ya get done!

Offline Gunner

• Prepper Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 03:09:43 AM »
Put some pics up when ya get done!

Will do