Author Topic: Best General Review  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
Best General Review
« on: October 15, 2018, 12:19:37 PM »
Worth the 8 minute watch.  I strongly suspect gadget88 will agree.  I found it on th first link below but had to go to the second to get a direct link.

Nemo

https://taskandpurpose.com/

If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

gadget99

Re: Best General Review
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 05:57:57 AM »
Worth the 8 minute watch.  I strongly suspect gadget88 will agree.  I found it on th first link below but had to go to the second to get a direct link.

Nemo

https://taskandpurpose.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G__Shrz28Z8

Yeah this is a subject close to my heart.

The thing is. While experienced people can advise on what gear to load up on. Advice usually goes only so far.

Unfortunately this is one of those lessons that usually comes via the "learn the hard way" school.

Best advice I can give is to take a good look at what you have rigged up for ops and think about a few points.

1. Layer everything according to what is needed for the mission and time associated with the mission.
2. Never underestimate the length of the mission. A 12hr partol can turn into a 72hr situation in a heartbeat.
3. Make sure ammo and water take precedence over other stuff.
4. Carry on your person. Pockets, vest and belt ect. what you absolutely need to have with you at all times. Make sure you can move tactically and assault with that load. This is the load you will most likely be wearing 24hrs a day on ops. Make this layer your minimalist 72hr layer.
5. Then you can add a assault pack for more ammo and items to make life easier during the 72hr missions. (Remember you may need to shed this pack in a heated assault so remember you may loose it if thins go pear shaped)
6. The contents of the assault pack can be added to a larger rucksack for longer missions. (Once again you will be dropping this to allow for mobility in combat. So be prepared to possibly loose it.)

Best thing to do is to take the time and effort to learn the hard way in controlled conditions. Wear your gear for a whole weekend. I mean wear it the whole time. Learn ho to live in it. I have gone days without removing my gear. You just have to learn how to function that way. The hardest is learning how to sleep that way. Trust me it can be done.

Now this may sound a bit over the top. Yet the harder you train the better off you will be when you need it. You will also find out what you need to carry and how to carry it while still being effective. Each individual is different so you need to find the adjusted load that works for you and allows you to function well. That way you are able to not be distracted by your gear giving you grief when you need to be 100% on the mission.

Hope this helps.

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
Re: Best General Review
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 09:52:54 AM »
I reiterate gadgets emphasis on training.
Its the one edge we have over the left and you build on those strengths.

Also training once consumed can never be confiscated from you.

Just the processof training aside from the skills we gain makes you as better man.
Networking gained by traning event is invalauble. 80+% of my freinds are people I met training.

Every day, men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?