Author Topic: Condor 3 day Assault backpack  (Read 4110 times)

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
Condor 3 day Assault backpack
« on: April 19, 2012, 06:05:23 PM »
Hey guys

I just came back home after 3 days away on a business trip and traveling 14 hs in a bus, I hate traveling in a bus for more than 4 hs...

Anyway as I promised here is the thread about my backpacks, I use plural because I have 2 packs I use at the moment.
I have the Condor one I'll talk about in a while and a Maxpedition Falcon II Argentinian ripoff.

The Falcon ripoff is really cool and handy with a special pocket for a 1.5 lts water bladder, I use it everyday and its capacity is ok, but its
too small to carry everything you could need when bugging out, for instance extra clothing, sleeping bag or a tent. You can get away without all
that if weather is nice, but when it gets colder or rainy you'll miss all that.

Lets see some pics...
In this one I'm doing some navigation in a survival course, as you can see the pack still has empty room so you can compress it.

But as soon as you can't predict the weather and need to carry extra clothing you are fucked, in the following picture I have a Condor softshell inside the pack that fills it up almost completely, and as temperature keep rising I had to take off my hoodie too, but as I had no more empty space I had to attach it on top of the pack, if it rains I'm fucked unless I put the hanging stuff inside plastic bags, and the plastic bags will torn easily and damage where the compression straps do pressure, also attaching stuff outside your pack screws up your balance, in hard rocky terrain you can notice it very easily.
Here is the pic took in a trekking organized by the mountain club in my new town, where I'm hanging stuff of my pack.

That's why I like using a bigger pack so I can put stuff inside it.
If you look at the Condor 3 day assault pack it looks big as fuck, but it allows you to place your sleeping bag and some extra clothes inside without problem.

About the Condor brand, there are a lot of guys saying that is total crap and then comparing it to some eagle Industries tactical nylon, comparison that is a total fucking joke to me because the price range is absolutely different, I'll rather get the Condor stuff and spend the difference in ammo.
Anyway, that being said, I had a Condor product that was not good, it was a pair of gloves that started unstitching in some places in my first day of use.
Supposedly Condor products got good when they started doing multicam stuff, I'll recommend you to look for Internet reviews of people who own the product and decide what to do after.

I had this pack since more than a year and took it to multiple mountain trips without any problem even with loads of 40 lbs.
The stitching is really strong and it withstands perfectly and the Cordura is 1000D Crye Multicam.

Here are the specs copied from the manufacturer's website:

Description :

- Genuine Crye Precision Multicam material, sewn in foreign country.
- Large load cargo capacity compartment with separate pocket to fit up to two 3L hydration bladders.
- Body contour shoulder straps with D-Ring for equipment attachment, sternum starp and waist belt.
- External side compression straps.
- Heavy-Duty carry and drag handle.
- Two double zipper pulls on the main compartment for easy access.
- Individual foam pad back panel for extra comfort and maximum airflow.
- Grommets on all compartments for drainage.
- Heavy duty webbing covered in multicam fabric.

Total of seven compartments:
- Main Compartment with gear straps to secure gears and two extra mesh pockets.
- Second Compartment contains three map/document pockets, two radio pockets, and penholders.
- Two large pockets on the back, bottom pocket (12.5" x 6" x 3") with three elastic closure mash pocket
  and a zipper mash pocket.
- Two side pockets (9" x 5" x 2.5") one on each side.
- One Compartment for hydration systems.
Size : 22" H x 17" W x 11" D

More pics :D

As you can see it has a really wide waist belt, which is detachable and a nice cushion for it to rest on your hips and transfer the weight.
Shoulder straps are also really wide and cushioned, I found them really comfortable even using it heavy loaded and for long periods of time, 8 hours almost non stop walks.
The molle webbing is perfectly even and I love that it's made of multicam cordura instead of coyote tan like I saw in other products.
And you can get this beauty for 150 bucks.

Also wanted to show you that Multicam is awesome for Argentina, it will work perfectly in all the country with exception of the north east that is more jungle like and woodland will work better.

So guys, don't bash a product just for Internet gossip, the Condor softshell I have is really cheap and is of awesome quality, Condor does some good shit.

And closing this, here is a picture showing how happy I am with my bag

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:28:00 PM by APX808 »

Online JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: Condor 3 day Assault backpack
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:33:45 PM »
APX, great review...Thanks.  [URL=http://www.smileyvault.co
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »
whats the average cost on the condor pack? id google it but i dont see a specific model name to search.
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline APX808

• Administrator
    • APX R4nt5
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 08:02:52 PM »
The multicam version is 150 bucks, the other colors are about 80 bucks, you can see them looking for "condor 3 day assault pack" on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?rt=nc&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=condor+3+day+assault+pack&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301

Here is the official website: http://www.condoroutdoor.com/125-0083-day-assault-pack.aspx

There is an ATACS version too.

Some guys say that multicam/ATACS products are better than usual ones, but I can't assure you that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:06:03 PM by APX808 »

Offline crudos

• Community Moderator
  • Expect Resistance
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 09:17:44 PM »
Thanks APX for the review. Been looking for a backpack to replace a bunch of old ones that I've had for years, and that might be it.