Author Topic: .357 Mag Is Enough Gun  (Read 933 times)

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
.357 Mag Is Enough Gun
« on: November 22, 2018, 09:05:04 AM »
Even on big bears.  And 679 pounds of bear is big.  As long as you do your part. 

JM, you should have invited me up.  I suspect there is a bear or 2 in your area.

But I would have used a rifle.

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/man-kills-679-pound-male-black-bear-at-5-yards-with-357-handgun

Hunting
Published 5 hours ago
Pennsylvania man kills 679-pound male black bear at 5 yards with .357 handgun: report
Fox News
Caught on tape: Black bear steals donuts

A hungry black bear is caught Chowing down on a box of donuts at a family's home in Hendersonville, North Carolina.

A Pennsylvania man reportedly killed a 679-pound black bear that was five yards away with a .357 handgun during last weekend's opening of the state's four-day bear harvest.

Jordan M. Tutmaher, the man, said the bear emerged near a Christmas tree patch, according to the report. YourErie.com reported.

A total of 1,241 black bears were killed in the opening day, the report said. The state's best opening day was in 2011 when 1,936 bears were harvested.

The largest bear harvested that day was a male estimated at 704 pounds, taken by a rifle at about 8:30 a.m., the report said.

Bears have been harvested in 53 counties during the statewide season so far, the report said.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:16:46 PM by Nemo »
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline Erick

• Committed prepper
Re: .357 Mag Is Enough Gun
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 10:25:26 AM »
I also just saw that.. was toying with the idea of posting it up you beat me to it :dance:
Yes, I agree it seems to prove the versatility and sufficiency of the .357 Magnum Caliber.
Every day, men who will follow orders to kill you, exercise. Do you?

Offline grizz

• Hardcore Prepper
  • Lets Go Brandon
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 12:57:14 PM »
You can kill a bear with a .22 but that does not make it a good choice. I'd like to know which ammo the guy was using and how many shots fired
.:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.
[IMG]http://vpnavy01.c

Offline Nemo

• Hardcore Prepper
  • From My Cold Dead Hands
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 03:16:17 PM »
was toying with the idea of posting it up you beat me to it :dance:

Hey, I get to dance.   :baconDance:

Nemo
If you need a second magazine, its time to call in air support.

God created Man, Col. Sam Colt made him equal, John Moses Browning turned equality to perfection, Gaston Glock turned perfection into plastic fantastic junk.

Offline special-k

• Peasant Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 07:00:03 PM »
It had to have been a brain shot.
"It wouldn't do any good.  I've had the shit beat out of me a lot of times.  I just replenish with more shit."  - Billy McBride