Author Topic: M&P 2.0 sights  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
M&P 2.0 sights
« on: June 03, 2018, 06:22:25 PM »
So I modified the factory sights on my 2.0C. They're not half bad with a little paint. I blacked out the rear dots and made the front one neon green. Picture is in the Instagram link.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjk1G2xnWkv/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1bbc9t5c45vp

Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: M&P 2.0 sights
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 08:58:53 AM »
Are you shooting better with the handgun?
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 11:34:30 PM »
Are you shooting better with the handgun?

Hard to say. The trigger is slightly more forgiving when I don't do what I'm supposed to. It's still just a pistol though. There's no magic involved but for what it's worth I am taking the glock 19 off my belt for EDC once my 2.0 IWB holster comes in this week. Or maybe you meant with the new paint? Doubtful, it's way too small of a change to say. I am still however upgrading to new sights because the stock rear sight isn't proud enough to aide in one hand slide manipulations.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:38:15 PM by Kentactic »
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 08:11:39 AM »
I have the M&P Pro with a threaded barrel. My sights are a bit higher to see over the suppressor when screwed on. I have a Streamlight TLR-1 attached to it and CJS06 dropped in a Apex trigger. Until a week ago it was my EDC.

Due to my right shoulder challenges, I have switched back to my Browning Hi-Power carried in my leather OWB / IWB Galco holster.

Good weapon.  :thumbsUp:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 08:35:02 AM »
Out of curiosity, what are your shoulder challenges and how does the Hi-power help with it?
Simplicity Is Ideal...

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 11:29:26 AM »
Oh I screwed up my shoulder last Dec. hoisting a 160-meter antenna.

Long story short I have been having a dickens of a time holstering the M&P with light into a Kydex holster without great discomfort to my upper arm/shoulder and less so using the leather holster which was made for the Hi-Power. I could hav Galco make me a holster for the M&P + Light combo BUT they quoted $225- plus it would take 3-6 months to do a custom job.

Now to my shoulder: I eventually went to a Orthopedic Doctor this past March. They x-rayed it and then did an MRI on it. No ligament tears so the Doctor surmises that once I injured it I have been babying it and I lost muscle mass. The remedy was to do stretching exercises. Since the prognosis and doing the stretching exercises I can draw my weapon without any problem and for the most part reholster it using the leather holster with minimal discomfort.

Now of course I could take the light off the M&P and go to Kydex holster that does not accommodate the light; however, I like the light on my handgun. So it lays on my night stand ready for any nightly patrols around the cabin.  :gunner:

Offline Kentactic

• Hardcore Prepper
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 02:57:16 PM »
Oh okay. Well I'm glad you're healing. I actually just sliced my left index finger bad today at work. Got some stitches.
Simplicity Is Ideal...