Author Topic: CUSTOM LEATHER WORK  (Read 807 times)

Offline SemperParatus

• Prepper Apprentice
CUSTOM LEATHER WORK
« on: April 17, 2019, 09:18:25 AM »
Last year I was layed up with a medical issue and couldn't do much on the farm so I decided to take up leather working.  after some research and many u-tube videos I purchased some tools and equipment (about $150.00) and got started.  My first project was a sheath for a large (13.5") civil war era bowie.  The sheath came out pretty good and I proceeded to make other sheaths for knives that I had.  My next project was a concealed carry holster for my Glock 26 and Glock 30.  I don't like inside the waist style holsters but I like the idea of the weapon being held securely and descretely so I came up with the idea for an under the belt style holster and seperate mag carrier.  The hoslter is very simple but effective with no retention device except the friction fit and pressure from the belt.  Another advantage to this is only having to purchase a longer belt and not larger pants to accomidate carrying a weapon concealed.  I can post pictures of the leather work at a later date if anyone is interested.  Leather working is a good skill to have so items can be created or repaired for your preparedness needs.
Always Prepared

Offline JohnyMac

• Administrator
Re: CUSTOM LEATHER WORK
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 10:15:21 AM »
Yes, pls post some pics!  :thumbsUp:
Keep abreast of J6 arrestees at https://americangulag.org/ Donate if you can for their defense.